Saturday, December 25, 2010

{Crazy Love}

Maybe I'm wrong.
Maybe I'll never get it.
But I can't help but want it.
Long for it.
Believe in it.

Maybe because, as a Christian, I am aware of and a part of the most intense, unexplainable love story in the history of mankind. I've experienced a love like this.

I want a love that's crazy, passionate, intense, wild, against all odds. I want a love that makes me lose my breath. I want to laugh till I can't breathe. I want to dance into the night.

The love I have felt, however twisted it has been, felt like that. It was exciting, wild. It may have ended in tears or hurt, but I would not trade it for anything.

Now I want to love like that and be loved like that in return.

You can tell me I'm being unrealistic. That not all love is like that. That it's not like a book, or a song, or movie. and that's fine. but I'll tell you now, I won't believe you. I can't. Not yet.

So maybe I'm crazy. Maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment. Maybe I'm being unrealistic.

Or maybe not...


1 comment:

Mama said...

For now, I say, hang on.

Keep believing.

But don't let tunnel vision keep you from being surprised by the Master of Surprises, the most creative life planner in the universe..... :)

Blog Archive