Thursday, January 15, 2009

Memories

Isn't it funny how a certain smell, or song, or even word can spark a memory. Like a body wash you used, or a perfume you had or a cologne you smelled often, or a song you heard then, or a word someone used often. You smell it or hear it and all of a sudden your back in that time, remembering that person or event or even season of your life. Sometimes it brings a smile to your face, sometimes a tear, but either way you remember. It can hit you out of nowhere, even when you didn't realize that thing was significant, you remember it.

Is there anything that makes you remember another time?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you remembering, chica?? I'll tell you some things that make me remember: Aramis cologne, holding a baby, reading "Goodnight Moon". :) Those are the first three things I thought of. Also, tonight I'm going to a basketball game at Lakewood -- I think walking into that gym will spark a whole FLOOD of memories!

GLB said...

Oh my goodness. This happens all the time. Gap "dream" perfume reminds me of summers at camp.

Sherah said...

Oh yeah, this happens to me ALL the time!!! Here is my list:
Winterfresh gum,
Bean burritos,
Fake new car smell,
Carmex,
Football players,
Tommy cologne,
Too many songs to name,
...

Blog Archive