Friday, April 18, 2014

It's Good.

It's Good Friday. As I sit on my floor, the twinkle lights give my room just enough of a glow. My body aches from the workout I just finished and I take the last drink of water from my cup and I am overwhelmed. Today my Jesus walked to Calvary. His body ached from the lack of sleep, the walking, the beatings. He was nailed to a tree, a practice much more painful than we often let ourselves think about. He denied a drink to help numb the pain, he never said a word of protest, worst of all, he had done nothing wrong. This Jesus, fully man, fully God, who came to this broken world and loved it beyond comprehension was now sacrificing every. single. part of himself to save it. To save me. To make me worthy when I was worthless. To make me clean where I was the filthiest of rags. To make me His.

His blood flows over us, it screams "look at this love! Look at how much your worth to me!" And more times than not, we turn our backs. But today, today I choose to look fully on that love. To let it wash over me minute by minute. To remember and to be thankful. For that is all I can do. Show my thankfulness with my life, by giving it daily back to him. For all he asks for in return, is me.


Jesus paid it all, 
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow



O Praise the one who paid my debt
And raised this life up from the dead)3x
well praise the one who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead
Jesus

No comments:

Blog Archive