Thursday, June 14, 2007

Poker face

Tonight after i got back from work, the people im living with were playing poker..i joined in, we played Texas Hold Em for 3 hours!! It was soooo fun, mostly because we were all so tired everything was really funny(it was 2 in the morning when we stopped). It was down to me and their son Chad, we both went all in and he barely beat me..it was a good game, I had forgotten how much i like poker.
This game also got me to thinking...we put on poker faces sooo often in our everyday lives. We bottle up how we are really feeling inside and put on an act, either or happiness or sadness, or like we just don't care. Why do we do this so often, why do we hide who we are? I know there are some times you have to put what your feeling aside and do what needs to be done. But we even do it in front or for the ones we are closest too, or want to be close to. I find myself doing it soo many times a day and get frustrated with myself for hiding so many things. So what if he knows how much i care, or she knows I'm hurting about something. Thats is what God put other people on this earth for, so that we could be there for each other. So let someone know how you are really feeling, REALLY feeling. No masks, no filters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....another "ah-ha" moment -- California seems to be conducive to those. You never cease to amaze me, my beautiful daughter. It would be a great thing for others to get to see the "real" Keisha more often -- she's AWESOME!!

Anonymous said...

mmm....good reminder.

~han

Blog Archive