Sunday, October 18, 2009

We Are The Outsiders






We saw Needtobreathe Friday night in Tulsa. They were wonderful. These are some of my favorite lyrics by them...


1.'Cause I don't want to stay, I don't want to fall
I don't want to have to see you leave me
I don't want to take, I don't want to lose it all
Maybe I'm a fake, maybe your a lie
Maybe our last chance died with last night
'Cause I don't want to stay, I don't want to fall in love with you again

2. Let the songs I sing bring joy to you.
Let the words I say confess my love.
Let the notes I choose be your favorite tune.
Father let my heart be after you."

3. In your ocean I'm ankle deep
I feel the waves crashing on my feet
It's like I know where I need to be, but
I can't figure out, I can't figure out
Just how much air I will need to breathe
When your wave crashes over me
There's only one way to figure out
But will you let me drown
Will you let me drown

Hey now, this is my desire
Consume me like a fire
'Cause I just want
Something beautiful to touch me
I know that I'm in reach
'Cause I am down on my knees
And waiting for
Something beautiful

4. Why don't we dance anymore
I'm not okay with that
Why don't we laugh anymore
I'm not okay with that

5.I’m finally broken, falling too far
Burned up in pieces from chasing your stars
With twilight approaching all that I’ve seen
I could never get over what you’ve done to me

1 comment:

Mama said...

oh my gosh. I can't believe how much I LOVE this band!! I don't think I've ever been a bigger fan of anybody!! (Does that make me pathetic???) Whatever!! Thanks for cheerfully going to a concert with your mother :) I L.O.V.E.D. it!!!!! Oh,and -- who took those awesome pictures?

Blog Archive