Sunday, March 28, 2010



My cruise even taught me some life lessons. I have learned to stop being so afraid of situations. I am fearful and self conscious so I miss out on opportunities and then MAJORLY regret it later. This happened on this trip and it really wasn't a big deal, but it was the last straw kind of thing. I'm so sick of not letting myself be truly me because I am afraid it won't be good enough or they won't like me. It's silly and it makes me angry. So right here, right now I am making myself a promise:

I promise to never again miss out on an opportunity
to have fun or strike up a conversation or to do anything I want to do
because I am afraid. I will be me, to the fullest. I am done wondering
"what if" and replaying how the situation should have gone
in my head.

Yup that's my promise. Little awkward, shy, no fun girl that lives in my head, you're not real. So please just go away. Thank you. I choose to no longer believe you are me.

I also fully intend to make up for my lost opportunity. (Not real sure if that's what my mom wants to hear).

4 comments:

Sherah said...

On no, I have no idea what your opportunity was, but please don't say it was some good-looking man from mexico who can hardly speak English... ;) I'm feeling SO left out, you seriously owe me either some texts, a skype call or just plain-jane phone talk!!!

Mama said...

That is music to my ears and my heart. I have every confidence that your Father has opportunities out there for you to try out your new "wings" :):) No worries!

Mama said...

PS. Sherah, check out the pics. Opportunity wears white basketball shorts and speaks English just fine :)

GLB said...

I love this.

Blog Archive