Saturday, June 30, 2012

Julie and Juila: An inspiration

This is something my 16 year old self would never believe I am saying now. I love to cook. There is something special about food. About sharing a meal together. Jesus did it with his disciples, the early church did it and today it is one of the main social activities we do. It's such an odd thing really..it's one of the grossest things we do, but that doesn't change the fact that there is something to eating with one another. And we might as well eat well right? :)

 I love the process of cooking, it's soothing. I love the smells and the sounds. I love the outcome. I love making a presentation out of the plate and that first bite. It makes it so much better when you have someone to cook for. When they enjoy it and let you know. I don't even mind the clean up.

I am sitting in my bed watching Juile and Julia and really really realizing how much I love it. I want to be able to make those delicious looking things and throw amazing dinner parties.

I guess you just take it one recipe at a time. But I do believe that while I have more time than I may ever have again in my life I will devote more of it to cooking new things and mastering the meals I already love.

Trying new recipes and finding new meals I love is such a fun adventure. So, if any of you have any amazing recipes that you love I would love to know them and give them a try! So send them my way!!

All of this cooking will have to start tomorrow though. It's time for bed. I will go and dream of fancy meals and wonderful wine around a table with friends.

1 comment:

Mama said...

I am SO proud!! And excited! Because I have visions of lovely holiday meals cooked mostly by you and not me!!!! Haha! Oh I just can't wait!!

PS I LOVED that movie :)

Blog Archive