Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Currently:



Watching: Parenthood and Alias. I was a little late on the Parenthood train but I'm on it now and I LOVE it. I am so invested in each of the different families. I've cried once so far but I have a feeling more tears will be shed on behalf of the Bravermans. Alias is one the opposite end from Parenthood. It's a show from the 90s staring Jennifer Garnier. She is a double agent for the CIA and she is totally badass. It's such an intense show and it has made me suspicious of everyone and that they could be a secret agent..

Eating: Lately I have not been eating very well. I gave in to the "it's getting cold and I'm gonna eat fattening food to keep me warm" thing. I've eaten so much bread and pasta. But I have also eaten a lot of healthy soups so that balances it out right?? But honestly I really want to get back into the swing of healthy eating. I've definitely noticed a difference in how I feel and it has no been for the better. I've also been thinking about getting a juicer. Has anyone tried one? What are your thoughts?

Reading: I just finished reading The Night Circus. It was pretty good. It wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be. I don't feel like things were explained very well and I felt confused and a little unsatisfied at the end. I just picked up a new book from the library called The Thirteenth Tale. It's too early to know what I think about it just yet though.

Listening to: A lot of Norah Jones' first album (it's my favorite of hers), also a lot of mellow music that just seems to fit with the Fall. Erick Baker, Gregory Alan Isakov, Eric Clapton, Sleeping At Last, and James Vincent McMorrow as just a few.

Thinking about: Christian community. How it looks now, how I believe it should look, how to make that a reality.

Looking forward to: Going to Colorado for Thanksgiving. Seeing my parents and brother and sister in law and three precious nieces and Aunt Heidi and cousins who I haven't seen in FAR too long. I can't wait for all the good food, laughter and baby snuggles that I plan on getting that weekend.

Making me happy: My cup of apple cider, music that makes me happy and the anticipation of getting off work and rushing home to spend time with Steve on this special day.

3 comments:

Jill said...

can we have a coffee date over skype sometime? miss you!

have a wonderful day!!

Keisha Rae said...

ummm YES. Please. I miss you too!!!

Mama said...

Your hair is getting so long!!!!!

And I love posts like this that let me see a piece of so many parts of your life and heart :)

Blog Archive