Thursday, November 15, 2012

One Year

Steve and I celebrated our one year anniversary on Tuesday. I cannot believe it's been a whole year, and at the same time, I cannot believe that its' only been one year. I can absolutely say that it has been the best year of my life. Steve has brought so much laughter and love and joy and encouragement and leadership into my life.
We have walked through tough seasons together and learned how to love each other well through them. He is my best friend and there is no one else I would rather spend my time with.
I always prayed for a man that would make me laugh, that would make me feel beautiful, that would allow me to completely be myself and that is exactly what he gave me.
As I think back on this year and all the memories we have made I cannot stop smiling or feeling so incredibly blessed.I can't wait to see our relationship grow in the years to come. I know there are so many adventures to be had and there is no one I would rather have by my side.

I love you, Steve.

Here is our year in pictures:

   1. Our very first picture together(before we were dating, before I had any idea we would date) 2. Our day trip to Chattanooga, this is the day I knew I wanted to be with this boy. 3. Our first collaboration as a couple. We filled Spencers room with balloons for his birthday. 4. Thanksgiving, where Steve met my parents for the first time, two weeks after we had started dating (sorry Steve).

1. The first time I saw the words "I love you" from him. 2. My birthday present: an alarm playing a happy birthday song written and preformed by Steve. 3. What a lot of our time together looks like. Just being together while he plays his guitars (or his mistress as I call it). 4. Wall art in Austin, it made me think of him.


1. Our first road trip together. Going up to Michigan to see his parents and play at a youth retreat. 2. So much snow in Michigan. 3. Date night at home. Dressing up, cooking, dancing in the living room. 4. Leaving my parents house.


1. A blanket fort we built in my room and then watched Father Of The Bride. 2. Coffee dates, so many coffee dates. 3. Our favorite night on our trip to Florida. Dinner, the most gorgeous sunset and a walk along the beach in the moonlight. 4. The previously mentioned most gorgeous sunset.


1. Steve getting to play at the CMA fest. I was such a PROUD girlfriend. 2. Steve with his mistress again, and Jacob :) 3. Sounds game. 4. Another road trip to Michigan!!


1. At Lake Michigan. This defines our relationship. Lots of laughter. 2. Lake Michigan love. 3. Date night at an awesome brewery in town. 4. McNamera's Irish Pub with Steve's parents.

1 comment:

Mama said...

This is adorable! And happy :):):) you guys are so perfect together. Sigh. God has taken good care of you :)

Blog Archive