Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Anticipation

Have you ever had that feeling in your gut, where you just KNOW something is about to happen. Your heart beats faster and your mind races and you feel like you are about to ride a roller coaster for the first time or walk down the aisle towards the person you love most. Full of anticipation. Full of hope. Overwhelmed with inspiration. It seems that everything you read was written just for you. Like you want to write down, record. remember every thought, every word read, every idea had. You can't sit still and you are sure you are about to explode or jump right out of your chair and run. Just run until you can't anymore, or jump and yell and dance. Anything to get the energy building up inside of you out. The future seems limitless and it's terrifying and exhilarating all at once.

That is me today. I feel like I'm just on the other side of a wall, where I'm about to turn the corner and see what's around it, but I'm just not quite there yet. But I can hear the music, I can hear the laughter and excitement and I know once I finally get there it will be worth the agonizing wait.

The best part, is I'm not gonna do it alone. I'm gonna look to my left and see the man I promised to love forever holding my hand, his eyes wild with excitement just like mine, and together we are about to step out into the biggest adventure of our lives. We may not be able to see it all clearly yet, but every day, every step, the picture gets clearer, the music gets louder, the big reveal is coming.

1 comment:

Mama said...

AHHH!! I love this so much.

Blog Archive