Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Taking Stock


 
Making lists. To do lists, dream lists, book lists, grocery/menu lists. Lists everywhere.
Drinking coffee and water and repeat.
Reading Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist and crying and laughing and identifying and learning with every page.
Wanting the weekend back. Monday’s are rough y’all.
Playing Sam Smith. Over and over and over.
Wishing that I could have a full week to process all the things going on in my head these days.
Enjoying setting up our home. Everyday it feels a little more like “US”.
Waiting for direction and open doors. 
Loving being married to my best friend. He just makes days better. 
Hoping for so much. Hope upon hope.
Marvelling at how the Lord works. How he takes our plans and ideas and wrecks them, then pulls back the branches to show us this beautiful path he has prepared for us.
Wearing the typical office day attire. Jeans, tank top, parka. (it's FREEZING in here. Always.)
Thinking that I wish I was by a body of water with a cold drink and a book instead of at a desk with florescent light overhead.
Feeling anxious & eager! I have so many ideas, so many thoughts, so many dreams swirling around in my head and my heart and I want to start getting some of them OUT!

 

No comments:

Blog Archive