Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Needtobreathe, such an ironic name

I decided tonight that I would get all my school work for this week and Monday and Tuesday of next week done so that this weekend I could fully focus on the Needtobreathe concert and then spending the rest of the weekend with my mom, who is coming up for the concert and then staying for the rest of the weekend.

Well, I got MOST of the work done, just have to finish researching and writing a brief on a case for Tuesday. I cannot concentrate anymore. I am way too anxious for the next 2 days to focus on anything else.

Needtobreathe gets here tomorrow night (I guess really Friday morning) at 2 a.m. There is so much to do before they get here!! Plus, having to prepare for the possible ice storm that is supposed to hit this weekend. I had a little freak out yesterday when I thought the band might not be able to make it here. Luckily they don't panic about a little snow and ice like the entire state of Arkansas does. They're used to it and don't see any problems getting here. So that was a RELIEF. Now we just have to hope the 700 people who have bought tickets can make it here.

I am beyond excited for this concert to finally happen. I can't believe its real. That this is really what I get to do as my "job" my senior year of college. What an amazing way to start off my last semester. This is BY FAR the biggest concert we have ever had at JBU, i mean 700 people? C'mon. thats a big deal.

But along with all that excitement comes fear, a lot of fear and pressure. I know I shouldn't worry, that everything will be fine and run smoothly, but I've never been in charge of something that 700 (yes I know I keep using that number, but its exciting, so get over it) people are coming to. PLUS I want everything to be perfect for the band. I want them to have the best experience possible and leave with a good taste in their mouth about me and my ability to do a good job. These contacts are so important to what I want to do with my life, that it is CRUCIAL that I make a good impression.

All that to say that the next few days are going to be so fun and exciting and COLD! I can't wait, literally, I'm dying over here, the hours are just creeping by! I'll have a full update by Monday on how everything went (that is if we have power and my computer hasn't frozen to death)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw, keish. don't freak out. well, if it helps to freak out then do it. but if it doesnt help, then dont. being in charge of big and important things always makes me nervous but i know you are totally prepared (i usually fake my way through things, but i know you know exactly what to do). you are going to have so much fun this weekend and im super excited for you. ps- 700 people? hell yeah!

Mama said...

Well, let me first say (again!!) that Jill makes me laugh!! I love that girl :) I am writing this, sadly, shortly after the decision was made to reschedule this amazing concert that 700 PEOPLE (yes, 700 freaking people) were coming to!!! I'm sad for you (and me!)(and all those 700 people....), but incredibly glad that it is "rescheduled" and not "cancelled"!! I'm reading a chapter in Proverbs every day this month. Guess what I read last night? "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth." Hahaha! At that time, we were already angry about this storm and how it might affect our plans. This verse reminded me just WHO is in control and that I need to relax and let Him be in control. I'm sure I should have shared that with you sooner, but honestly, I was afraid you might yell at me!!! haha!! Anyway, remember He has it all worked out and maybe one day we'll get to see how His timing is PERFECT. Or maybe we'll just always have to trust. Glad we still get to hang out, anyway. Love you, angel!

Mama said...

Also, I am so praying that one day you will get to do this for your real job and it will make you happy every day :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with your mom and I bet things will be 3 months bigger and better in April.

Blog Archive