Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I can finally breathe

Cheesy title? Yes. But I don't care

Monday night we finally had the Needtobreathe concert that was supposed to happen back in January. Now, I am so glad it got postponed. It could not have been more perfect. The weather was great (just a little rain in the afternoon, after they had already loaded in). I was so blessed to have been able to be in charge of this show, and that it sold out!!

They arrived around 11:30 and then the crazy day started. The guys were SO great all day. Super flexible and understanding. It was really neat to have David there ( David went to JBU and was the lead singer in the band Jackson Waters, he now plays keys for Needtobreathe.) He had lots of stories from when he went here, and he understood how it was to be a student here so we had our own little bond because of that.

The day really could not have gone better. My BLUE team showed up on time and pretty much ran all the tickets and lines and doors on their own. I have been beyond blessed with such a great team this year. We had a sold out show. The guys put on an INCREDIBLE show. People had a great time. It was perfect.

I got a little emotional. At the beginning of the show I looked around at the full house, then back at the guys playing. It all hit me at once. I did this, all that hard work produced this perfect night. I just started to cry. Happy tears. I love my job. I feel like I'm in my element, that this is right. I really feel like this is the industry I was made to be in. I feel comfortable in it. I feel like I belong. It's like I'm home. I can't fully put into words what I felt that night.

Here are a few pics from the day:



"Something Beautiful"


Me introducing the guys


My parents got to come! It was really great that we worked it out for them to meet the guys
Me and Seth, the bass player.

Father/Daughter love

No comments:

Blog Archive