Thursday, July 26, 2012

Book Review:The Lost WIfe



I just finished reading The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman. I found out about this book from another blog that features bloggers and their favorite books. Since I am always looking for a new book to read I decided to give this one a try. This book is beautiful and tragic and heartbreaking and full of survival. The story is about two people who are married and then torn apart during the time of the Holocoust only to be reunited years later.  The writing will suck you in and you will feel and see and smell every detail. It ended up being harder to read than I imagined in the aspect that it spent some significant time in some heartbreaking situations, but in the best way possible. I absolutely recommend this book, it's one that sticks with you days after you finish reading, and to me those are the best kind.

1 comment:

Mama said...

Oh look!!! A book to read! After I just said I need more reading in my life :)

And. Can I just say what it does to my heart for my child to write a book review on her blog?

My child reads and blogs.

My heart is doing a little dance.

Blog Archive