Friday, June 11, 2010

A Change of Heart?


I've never been a fan of soccer (mostly because it's one of the only sports that I don't know the rules), so because of this I have never been a fan of the World Cup. Something has changed this year. I'm not sure what it is or why it's happened but I am intrigued by this sport this year. I actually want to watch it, I'm excited about it, it's weird.
I don't really know who I'm rooting for yet (besides the US of course) but I think I will grow an attachment for a team or two.
Right now I am watching South Africa and Mexico. I got to see a South African score the first goal on S. African soil. It was so exciting, and I was so happy for him. He got to make history in his country, he got to live in that moment, in front of his people. How cool is that??
As these days go by I fully intend on watching as much of this tournament as I can and to learn about soccer and maybe grow to love it, I mean every one else in the world does, so there must be something about it.
Anyway, I'll keep you updated on my journey.

Do you watch the World Cup? Who are you rooting for?

1 comment:

Mama said...

I want to watch it too! And I have NO IDEA why!!! haha! I think it's because I saw SUCH a cool video about it a couple of weeks ago.........I guess advertising works :)

Blog Archive