Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Turn the Page

So remember that post a few days ago when I said something exciting might be brewing? Well it's done been brewed. (ya I don't really know why I thought that was the best way to say that....)

So here it is...the big news....

Drum roll please (dadadadadadadadada)


I am..

MOVING TO NASHVILLE!!!!!!


Yup! It's true! It's actually happening!
I sent in my resume to a company called Webster and Associates Pr. They are an entertainment PR company. They work with names like Dolly Parton, Hank Williams Jr., Kenny Rogers, Kid Rock, The Judds etc. Not exactly my favorite genre of music but hey, they aren't bad names to work for.

Well, that's really all I had to do, just send in my resume. After about 3 exchanged e-mails they offered me the internship. We talked yesterday on the phone and it looks like it's going to be the perfect situation. I pretty much get to choose my schedule, whatever will work best for me. They said they understand I will need to get a second job (it's and unpaid internship) and that I am looking to advance my career so they are very willing to work around my schedule. So that's just wonderful.

I also get to take my time getting out there. It looks like I will be going sometime in August. Again they were very flexible with when I came. They said the offer wasn't going away and that whenever I could get out there was fine. This was a big relief because I was afraid they would want me out there really quick and I wouldn't have time to say my goodbyes or really get things lined up when I got there.

It just sounds perfect and the experience will be priceless. It will also be SO much easier to find a actual job when I'm there.

God has just lined this up so perfectly. It was literally just handed to me. I am just blown away. So now I start the apartment and part time job hunt. But I KNOW that God will provide. How could I doubt that he would?

This is my dream. It's coming true and I am beyond grateful that I get the chance to. I love this city and I love this industry. And this is just the first step of the journey.

I can't wait to see what God has up his sleeve.

I definitely have my fears. Living so far from my family. All the unknowns. Leaving friends. But very rarely does God take us somewhere were there is no fear involved.

The next adventure begins.

(sorry if this post is kind of confusing, or seems scattered. It would reflect what my brain is like. So much to process and take in and plan. It's a little hard to get my thoughts straight.)

3 comments:

Hannah said...

WOW KEISHA!!! THAT'S AWESOME! i'm sooo excited for you. unbelievable! It's amazing how god's timing is always perfect! meanwhile, i'm still waiting on my miracle. :)

Mama said...

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I'm SOOO proud of you and SOOO happy that you get to "live the dream" -- this is just the beginning of a grand adventure! None of us would ever have thought it, that our Keisha would be the bold, brave, 'conquer the world' one in our family! I will be with you in spirit all the way, angel face! LOVE YOU!!!!

PS Hang in there, Hannah! Your miracle is coming, when you least expect it :)But, don't miss out on the joy of seeing His hand in your every day while you wait for Him to show your awesome future!

GLB said...

SO happy for you!!!

Blog Archive