Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A heart that's been broken

I have completely invested myself in this World Cup and I believe soccer has won my heart for good.

It has also broken my heart.

That painful loss for the US to Ghana (yes I know that we probably didn't deserve to go any further, but after those other dramatically beautiful games a girl could hope).

Then that EXTREMELY painful loss of England to Germany. (and yet ANOTHER horrible call by the ref that just might have changed the entire tournament. Seriously refs, get it together, this isn't just a backyard game. It's kinda a big deal.) Those poor men. Their country is not being very forgiving.

So now who do I go for? My friend Michael says I should go for Germany (he loves all things German) but I refuse. I just can't go there. Sorry Michael. I have to just say "NO".

Maybe Spain? Or the Netherlands? If I was smart and wanted to avoid future heartbreak I should probably pick Brazil.

But for now I say "Vamos Espana"!!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive