Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Star light Star bright

So this past weekend was really crazy for me. I knew that once I moved to Nashville opportunities would abound, "celebrities (whether local or global) would become a part of my regular life. That being star struck was no longer an option. But it's not something you get used to immediately. NO, I do not freak out when I see someone famous, but inside I might be say "oh. my. gosh. there is (fill in the blank). Right there, 10 feet away from me!!". This weekend I had more encounters then I did my entire summer here last year.

On Saturday night me and my friend Amy had answered a Tweet about being in an Andy Davis music video. IF you know me you know how much I love Andy. I think he is EXTREMELY talented, and kind of easy on the eyes. Check him out here So the opportunity to be in his music video was really fun for me. So we showed up around 10:45 along with about 20 other girls and 2 guys haha. And of course in very musician style, they showed up about an 45 mins late. But, we all knew it would be worth it. So we piled into a local restaurant called Burger Up. None of us knowing what we would be doing.
Me and Amy ended up across from a guy named Josh and his cousin Audrey. I am so glad we did. They made the night so much fun. It didn't feel like we were at a video shoot. We just sat there at our table and talked and talked while Andy played and the cameras circled round. The only time we felt the pressure was when they asked us to freeze. The entire group had to pick a pose and freeze that way, while Andy was the only one who continued to move. Our table did the classic toast move. Which turned out to be harder to hold perfectly still then we thought. But each time we toasted to something new, like new friends, to hanging out again etc. It was a blast. The shoot ended around 3 am with everyone exhausted but happy. Andy was not the only "celebrity" there. Laura Bell Bundy was the main girl in the video. IF you don't know who that is she has been in LOTS of Broadway shows, she was the lead in Legally Blonde and was in my favorite show, Wicked. We were all trying to compose ourselves :) And now that I have made my big film debut I know it will be hard for all of you to compose yourselves around me. But have no fear. The fame has not gone to my head, and I will gladly sign autographs. :)


OK, so as if that wasn't enough. On Sunday night I went to my church (Cross Point) and I was waiting in the lobby for Amy, when in walks in none other than Taylor Swift. Yes Taylor Swift just walked right into church. Now I am not a Taylor Swift fanatic but I do recognize that she is EXTREMELY famous and EXTREMELY successful. So seeing her literally 5 feet from me was kind of a shock.

THEN on Monday I went to work and got handed a new project. What was this new project? OH, just to call almost every majoy country star on their personal numbers. Either their house number or on their cell phone! WHAT?! It was nerve racking at first but once I talked to a few of them, and they were so nice and friendly to me, the fear left and the fun began. After calling names like Trace Adkins, Travis Tritt, Daryl Worley, LoneStar, Lynard Skynard, Mark Wills, and Rascal Flatts my day was totally made.

So, WELCOME TO NASHVILLE Keisha! What a crazy town this is.

2 comments:

Mama said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

I said it, and all I did was read your blog! I didn't even stand five feet from them, be in their music video, go to church with them, or chat with them on the phone!! My goodness, what a week!!!

Now. One of those famous people needs to give you a job. :)

Unknown said...

I am so incredibly, utterly, and absolutely JEALOUS! Eeeeek! I love all the names you mentioned and I am sure you have an awesome job! Where did you move from Nashville from and why? Of course only if you don't mind me asking. I've always wanted to move there(In Birmingham currently). I can't to read more about your adventures in Nashville! It's beautiful there! :)

Blog Archive