Sunday, August 15, 2010

This is it

Tomorrow I start my internship.
I'm not gunna lie. I am a little nervous and a little intimidated.
I am going to be working for some pretty big names.
I don't know if you've heard of them:
Dolly Parton
Kenny Rogers
Kid Rock
Lynard Skynrd
The Judds
Cracker Barrel

Just to name a few.

I am also so excited. I know I am going to learn so much and be stretched.
It's going to be good. It's what I keep telling myself.
I tend to shut down when I am around new people, especially ones that are my boss or are intimidating in anyway. I am determined not to do that tomorrow.

I was talking to my mom earlier today and she said exactly what I needed to hear. She said, "You are a competent, passionate, talented, grown-up daughter of the King! Shutting down isn't even an option! You're going to walk in there and tackle whatever comes your way. Remember, He PROMISES to be strong where we are weak!"

I must remember what I know, and what was reinforced while reading "So Long Insecurity". I am a daughter of the King. I am cherished and loved beyond imagination, and I am significant and I have dignity and nothing anyone does can take that from me.

So no matter what comes my way tomorrow and through out this entire internship I am going to remember that. I am loved by the Creator of the Universe. Nothing can defeat me if I don't let it. This should give me more confidence than I need.


I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

Mama said...

You're awesome and you're gonna blow them all away! Proud of you!!!!

Blog Archive