Thursday, May 5, 2011

Myers Briggs


Have you ever heard of/taken the Myers Briggs Personality test? My friend/college roommate Jill was pretty much obsessed with it in college and so we all took it to see what our personality types were. It was so interesting and somewhat creepy how accurate it could be. I couldn't remember what my letters were and hadn't really thought about it since school until about 2 days ago. So I went online and took the test again. I took it twice and got 2 different results (well only one letter was different because I am such a mixture of an extrovert and introvert, the other letters were consistent.) If you combine pieces of the two explanations it really does describe me to a T. If you know me I think you will be able to know which parts of each explanation describe me, but if you don't know me I'll just give you a little hint. I am not debbie downer, I'm not depressed or tapped in to the dark side, I am also not crazy outgoing or easily talked into doing silly things. I won't get up in front of a crowd and try anything.

Anyway, I love this test and think you should all take it and then tell me what your letters are!!

here is the link to the test I took. http://similarminds.com/jung.html

Here are my results:
I am a INFP or ENFP
here are the descriptions for both:

ENFP:
outgoing, social, disorganized, easily talked into doing silly things, spontaneous, wild and crazy, acts without thinking, good at getting people to have fun, pleasure seeking, irresponsible, physically affectionate, risk taker, thrill seeker, likely to have or want a tattoo, adventurous, unprepared, attention seeking, hyperactive, irrational, loves crowds, rule breaker, prone to losing things, seductive, easily distracted, open, revealing, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, attracted to strange things, non punctual, likes to stand out, likes to try new things, fun seeker, unconventional, energetic, impulsive, empathetic, dangerous, loving, attachment prone, prone to fantasy

Favored Careers:
performer, actor, entertainer, songwriter, musician, filmmaker, comedian, radio broadcaster/dj, some job related to theater/drama, poet, music journalist, work in fashion industry, singer, movie producer, playwright, bartender, comic book author, work in television, dancer, artist, record store owner, model, freelance artist, teacher (art, drama, music), writer, painter, massage therapist, costume designer, choreographer, make up artist

INFP:
creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings, prone to quitting, prone to feelings of loneliness, ambivalent of the rules, solitary, daydreams about people to maintain a sense of closeness, focus on fantasies, acts without planning, low self confidence, emotionally moody, can feel defective, prone to lateness, likes esoteric things, wounded at the core, feels shame, frequently losing things, prone to sadness, prone to dreaming about a rescuer, disorderly, observer, easily distracted, does not like crowds, can act without thinking, private, can feel uncomfortable around others, familiar with the darkside, hermit, more likely to support marijuana legalization, can sabotage self, likes the rain, sometimes can't control fearful thoughts, prone to crying, prone to regret, attracted to the counter culture, can be submissive, prone to feeling discouraged, frequently second guesses self, not punctual, not always prepared, can feel victimized, prone to confusion, prone to irresponsibility, can be pessimistic

Favored Careers:
poet, painter, freelance artist, musician, writer, art therapist, teacher (art, music, drama), songwriter, art historian, library assistant, composer, work in the performing arts, art curator, playwrite, bookseller, cartoonist, video editor, photographer, philosopher, record store owner, digital artist, cinematographer, costume designer, film producer, philosophy professor, librarian, music therapist, environmentalist, movie director, activist, bookstore owner, filmmaker


4 comments:

Mama said...

I think I'll try this!

It seems like you might be destined to be a record store owner....

Mama said...

Here are my results: ISFJ

Pretty accurate, but not 100%!

Here's me (see if you can figure out which ones I disagree with!)

follows the rules, polite, fears drawing attention to self, dislikes competition, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, timid, dutiful, private, lower energy, finisher, organized, socially uncomfortable, modest, not confrontational, easily hurt, observer, prone to crying, not spontaneous, does not appreciate strangeness - intolerant to differences, apprehensive, clean, planner, prone to confusion, afraid of many things, responsible, guarded, avoidant, anxious, cautious, suspicious, more interested in relationships and family than intellectual pursuits, not adventurous, fears doing the wrong thing, dislikes change

Haha! Last line is totally right on!

Here's my favored careers:

homemaker, stay at home parent, office worker, health care worker, personal assistant, school teacher, administrative assistant, child care worker, clerical employee, receptionist, library assistant, dietitian, health educator, librarian

I've actually done at least six of those things in my life!

Here's my disfavored careers:

rock star, philosophy professor, filmmaker, performer, writer, bar owner, comedian, dj, entertainer, ceo, psychotherapist, bartender, entrepreneur, lecturer, astronomer

Here's where I disagree. I've always wanted to be a rock star.

Sherah said...

This was fun! :) I am ESTP:

content, emotionally stable, outgoing, social, group oriented, finisher, does not like to be alone, open, decisive, likes external praise, likes to be center of attention, frequently joking, adjusts easily, likes crowds, self confident, neutral moods, good at getting people to have fun, disorganized, messy, talented at presentation, not easily annoyed, does not like to be alone, enjoys crude jokes, likes to lead, likes sports, more likely to come off as masculine, risk taker, tends to dominate conversations, fearless, can handle criticism, hard to discourage

Thanks for the entertainment! ;)

Keisha Rae said...

I'm glad you guys did this! isn't it fun? SO interesting

Blog Archive