Monday, August 5, 2013

Counting Down

If you don't follow me on Instagram or I haven't talked to you in the last month you might not know that Steve is gone for the next 15 days 26 minutes 33 seconds (but whose counting). He is doing a little Canadian tour with Eric Lee Beddingfield (if you happen to be into NASCAR Eric just sang the national anthem at the Pocono race Sunday. Pretty cool!).

While I am SO proud of Steve and so excited that they are getting to do this tour and what it all could lead to, I am not the best with separation. I have always been horrible at goodbyes and poor Steve can tell you I am still no good at it. The guy had to watch me cry at least 3 times on Friday as he prepared to leave. I was Little Ms Waterworks.

I'm looking at it as a good thing though. It just means I love him a whole heck of a lot right? ;)



While he is away, I am trying to keep myself as busy as possible. I am moving in 12 days and so packing will take up a lot of my time (such a great distraction). But I am also trying to refocus on some things that I have let slip away from me. Things like, a consistent bible study and prayer time (this has been SO important. Leaning hard into my Savior and finding comfort there has been so good for my soul), a consistent work out schedule and getting back on track with eating healthy.

I have also decided to take on a little cooking challenge. I am going to cook something new that I have either seen or Pinterest or online somewhere or in a cookbook, that I have been wanting to try but didn't want to risk it when Steve was here (it's one thing if you ruin your own dinner, but ruining two peoples dinner is just a drag). I plan on printing out the winners and starting a little recipe binder with go-to recipes I know we will love. We spend so much time trying to figure out what to eat every night I think it will be so nice to have a place we can go to find recipes we love. I'll keep you updated on delicious meals I find!

All of that to say, I miss him everyday and CANNOT wait until he is back home and I can do little things like hold his hand again (I'm so dramatic, he's been gone 3 days). But I know this time is good. We are learning to communicate better while he is on the road (something we may have to get used to) and I'm getting all kinds of things done that I may not have done other wise and I'm learning absence really does make the heart grow fonder.


1 comment:

Mama said...

So sweet :) And I'm anxiously awaiting the recipe results!!

Blog Archive