Friday, August 9, 2013

Currently

Reading:  Not getting to do this enough. I have a few books that I am wanting to read, and I just haven't had a chance to really dig in. I plan to change that this weekend/week though! PS I'm always looking for  new book recommendation, so if you've read something awesome lately fill me in!

Eating: Trying to eat something new every night while Steve is gone. This week ended up being pretty busy, so it didn't quite go like I planned. BUT tonight I did make the most delicious quinoa with roasted cauliflower and mushrooms and goat cheese. YUM!

Thinking About: Lots of things on my mind lately actually. How quickly I want the next 11 days to go. How much I need to do in those 11 days. Friendships. What I want my career/life to look like in the next 5 years. and on and on and on.

Enjoying: Sleeping in a bed again. Thought it means that Steve is gone and I don't enjoy that sleeping on an air mattress for the past month was starting to take it's toal on my body. It's been really nice to sleeep on an actual matress.

Watching: Fringe. Guys, oh my gosh. I started watching it because my sister in law suggested it and said that they answer LOST questions, so I just HAD to check it out. And just like I always do I got totally addicted and invested and I LOVE IT. You have to kind of get past the first 10 or so episodes and get used to the kind of gross beginnings to the episodes (those eventually stop) but then, its so good. The story line is good and interesting and just weird enough that you don't have to worry about those things actually happening to you. And guys, the acting is so gooood! The characters are perfect and there is just enough comic relief to make the craziness bearable. If you are looking for a new show, I would recommend it, especially if you are a JJ Abrams fan. It's on Netflix, and Hulu Plus. Enjoy

Listening to:  Like the rest of the world, I am listening to the new Civil Wars album. Oh my. It's gorgeous and painful and real and you can hear the tension and hurt in every note and it's beautiful. I pray (not only for our sakes and the sake of good music, but for them and their personal lives) that they can work out and mend whatever happened between them. They make such beautiful music and they seemed like such good friends that it breaks my heart to know that it's broken.

Loving: The fact that it's the weekend. While it will have it's fair share of business and packing, I also plan to read some and rest and take a nap here and there. I felt so burnt out by the end of this work week, I really need to recharge and rest up. Plus, it means that I only have to endure one more weekend before that cute boy of mine is finally home.

1 comment:

Nate and Kristin Piston said...

love you Keisha!! Missing your beautiful face & gorgeous soul!!

Blog Archive