Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Fall-ing?

Normally around this time of year, I start getting excited about Fall. The sweaters and the leaves and the warm drinks and fires and smells and the promise of the Holidays. People around me, and those on the blogs I read seem to have caught the fall fever, but not me. Not this time. Not yet.

I'm not ready to give summer up yet. I'm not ready to say goodbye to the days that last into the night. To every evening spent out on the patio, grilling or just sitting while we drink a cold beer. To the warmth of the sun stinging my skin and the glow it gives it. Not ready to say goodbye to the dresses and sandals. Mostly not ready to say goodbye to the feel of summer. The easy, go lucky, adventurous feel of it all.

Maybe I feel this way because it has rained seriously like every weekend this whole summer so I haven't got to fill all my summer needs. OR because I hate being cold. I hate it and I feel like I JUST said goodbye to the constant cold. Maybe it's just because this has been a hard, but wonderful summer and I'm just not ready to see it go quite yet. Whatever the reason, I am just not on the Fall train yet. It can hold off for awhile as far as I'm concerned. Summer forever!


What about you? Are you ready for fall?

2 comments:

Mama said...

noooooooooooooo Fallllllllllllll!!!

SUMMER FOREVER!!! YES!!!!!

gotta say, though, you surprised me with this one!

sarahjobell said...

i am so ready for fall. mainly because this has been a horrible awful summer for me... full of heartache and brokenness. so really, i'm ready to move on to a new season {in all aspects of my life.} time to embrace the new! :)

Blog Archive