Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Crush



Meg wrote this quite awhile ago. If you're a boy, take note.

Dear Crush,

If you think I don't know your name. If I don't say hello or goodbye. If my eyes dart to the floor every time you look in my direction. If I scowl or pretend to ignore you. If I act like I'm much too good. If you wonder why I'm friendly and charming with everyone but you...it's because I like you. It's because my whole body gets warm when I see you. It's because I'm actually shy. It's because you've missed the countless sidelong glances I've thrown in your direction. And because I am completely terrified that if our eyes were to ever meet, it would all be over--that in that instant I would unwittingly confess to the thousands of little lies that kept you from knowing just how hard I might (and maybe want) to fall for you.

signed,
the girl you think has a crush on your friend.

1 comment:

Mama said...

This is so right on.....I love the way it's signed! haha

Blog Archive