Saturday, May 4, 2013

Blog Everyday in May: Day 1

I am going to try and do this "blog every day in May" challenge. I'm a few days behind so bare with me while I catch up. Day one is to tell my story in 250 words or less, so here we go....

I was born in Albuquerque, NM but we moved to McAlester, OK when I was 11, that is what I consider home. Growing up in a small town had it's ups and downs but looking back, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I lived in the country, went to a small Christian high school where everyone was like family, I could never go to Wal Mart without seeing someone I know, I was involved in everything possible at our church and I loved every second of it.

After I graduated high school I went to school at John Brown University in Siloam Springs, AR. I majored in Public Relations and was really involved in a group called BLUE which was responsible for bringing all the concerts to campus, my senior year I ended up being the director. College was a time of discovery for me. I found friends, I found my love for music and live shows, I found heartbreak and healing. I found my faith, I found me. 

After college I moved to Nashville in hopes of being in the music industry. After a couple years of things not turing out how I planned I finally ended up back in the industry, in the most unlikely of ways. I've had my ups and downs with Nashville, but in the end it has given me so much. It has brought me the most wonderful man I have ever met, and a life with him. I can't wait to see what else it brings. 


2 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Mama said...

That was a good story :)

I might be obsessed with seeing how it turns out.... ;)

Blog Archive