Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 6 - What Do You Do?

I'm skipping day 5 but I'll come back to it...

Day 6: What do you do (you cannot answer with your job)

One lesson I have learned since I moved to Nashville, is that you are not your job. Your job does not define your worth or what you are about. Your job is just that, your job. It is a necessary thing to have and sometimes you can be very lucky and it can be something that you love, that you are very passionate about and sometimes you can be like the majority of people and it is just a job. I have grown to cringe at the question “so what do you do?” as one of the very first things you ask someone. As if what their job is, is the first and most important part of them. We are so much more that our jobs. (stepping off soap box now.)

SO, what do I do?

I laugh. I laugh at my boyfriend (all. The. Time) I laugh at tv shows, I laugh at awkward moments, I laugh at myself, I laugh the ridiculous things that happen in life.

I cry. I cry at nothing. I cry at movies. I cry when I feel let down or disappointed. I cry when I feel I have disappointed or let someone down. I cry at the pain in this world. I cry when I miss those who are far from me.

I run. I run towards adventure. I run away from fear. I run wildly toward love.

 I love. I love my boyfriend. I love (and miss) my family more than I can stand sometimes. I love my friends, near and far. I do my best to love those around me every day. I love my Savior.

I try. I try to live the life I have been called to. I try not to let lies sink in and I try not to start believing them. I try to do the best I can do where I have been blessed with a job. I try to be kind and full of grace to those in my life.

I live. I’m messy and complicated and confused and happy and joyful and struggling all at once.

These are the things I do.

No comments:

Blog Archive