Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 7: What Are You Afraid Of

Day 7: What am I afraid of? There are the typical answers like:
Wasps (I have panic attacks)
Car crashes
Heights

Then there are the deep, real answers like:

Being rejected. To the point where it is beyond difficult to ever put myself out there. Whether it be in relationships or activities.

Losing someone I love. When I think about all of the people who have experienced this, my chest gest tight, my heart starts to pound and I start to panic. I cannot imagine losing someone that I love so much. Someone in my family, or Steve, or one of my friends. I just can’t imagine how I would handle something like that.

Failing. I often quit things because it’s easier to not try than to fail.

The challenge is not to not be afraid, but to not let the fear rule your life.


" For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." - 2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Blog Archive