Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 2

Something I'm good at:

I'm really good getting entirely too invested in a tv show. I can't help it. I get totally sucked in and all of a sudden I feel like I know the characters and can't wait to see what happens to them next and when it's over, I mourn the fact that I no longer have those "people" to learn about any more (am I sounding like a crazy person yet?)

Here is my step by step tutorial on how to get too addicted to a show:

1. Carefully pick out your new obsession (LOST, Friday Night Lights, New Girl, Alias, Pysch, Once Upon A Time are a few examples)


2. Watch the pilot episode and get completely sucked in.

3. Continue to watch episode after episode until you forget you actually live in the real world.

4. Become extremely invested in the characters. Laugh with them, cry with them, yell at them etc.

5. Cancel all plans because you have your tv friends to hang out with that night.

6. Stop before the final episode because you're just not emotionally ready to say goodbye yet.

7. Finally settle in to watch that last, emotionally taxing episode and cry when the credits roll.

8. Mourn over the loss of your close friends, wonder what they are doing now and wish you could see them again.

9. Walk back into society and pretend that you are just a normal person.


And that's it folks! Enjoy your new skill!!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

oh my gosh, yes.

Mama said...

This is hilarious!!

Wonder where you got that tendency?

P.S. Downton Abby and Felicity are also perfectly acceptable obsessions......ahem.....not that I know, really....just guessing.

Mama said...

I am reading this on May 7. Where are the rest of the blogs???

No pressure or anything....

Blog Archive