Monday, September 13, 2010

Family Feature

My family is the most important thing to me. I absolutely adore them. I have missed them so much since I have moved to Nashville. So I thought it would help if I talked about each of them on here Not too much information but just enough let you see a little about my favorite people in the world.

I thought it was only fitting to start with my Dad. I love my Dad.

I was very blessed and grew up with a very loving Dad. I never doubted that he loved me. And I never doubted that he was going to support and provide for me.




When I was little my mom would always sing me to sleep, and I remember every now and then my Dad would do the job. But there usually wasn't sleeping going on. Just laughter. He would take songs and change the words and I would laugh and laugh and laugh. I loved it, it was my favorite thing. One song that he would always end with was "I Love You Lord". We would sing it together and I still think of those nights every time I hear it.



I
My dad was also my coach in a lot of things growing up. But my favorite was when he coached my high school basketball team. Sure, there where times when it was hard to be the coaches daughter, but I wouldn't trade those years for anything. Being able to play for my dad are some of my favorite memories. My Senior year he even led our team to be State Champs for the first time ever.






My Dad has always supported me in everything I have done. He's always been there cheering me on. That means so much. Even when I did things he might not have understood or necessarily liked he saw me for who I was and loved me through it, still does. He has provided me with the means to chase my dreams, to have so many adventures that most people never get the chance to have. I am beyond thankful for that and could never repay him or tell him enough. Knowing that I will always have that support system in him makes me take chances and follow my heart in what I want to do with my life, the fears are gone.

Top 5 Things I Miss/Love about my Dad:
1. His ridiculous puns/jokes/fun
2. Sitting in the living room watching a good (or not so good) OU or Dallas football game
3. Hanging out in the pool after work
4. Playing basketball in the driveway
5. Playing cards at the kitchen table or living room floor


So thank you Dad. Thank you for being loving and supporting and providing for me. I love you more than I can say and am BEYOND thankful that I get to call you my Dad.

7 comments:

Mama said...

Crying at work......

DAD said...

OK That is not fair. You should have warned me not to read at work. People think i am a cry baby.

Mama said...

P.S. Seriously. Did you HAVE to put THAT picture on there????

Anonymous said...

Made me cry big time that's my precious son

Sherah said...

Love this and LOVE your dad too! :) Although I joke about all the time, I really am happy that Kyle is turning out so much like your Dad... he is a wonderful man! :)

PS - I LOVE that you put "that" picture up of your mom... made me laugh out loud knowing that she would die when she saw it!

Mama said...

You're both mean. :P

Jenny King said...

You look so much like your parents! What a lovely post. Realised that my code was wrong for my button you've used. If u want the newer one I think I've put the right code on my blog now :)

Blog Archive