Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day

This was my first "holiday" in Nashville so I was pretty excited to get out and play with all my new and old friends. Only, I got sick. Friday morning I woke up feeling awful. I called in sick to work and stayed in bed ALL day (except a quick trip to Wal-mart to get a couple Red Box movies). I made my moms Veggie soup, and watched movies, which consisted of Shutter Island(soo good!), The Hangover (sooooo funny! I laugh so hard every time I watch that movie), No Reservations, and of course Pride and Prejudice.

Saturday was the start of COLLEGE FOOTBALL! and I was NOT going to miss being able to watch at least one game. I didn't have cable yet and my friend amy only has 1 channel (not helpful) , oh and none of our guy friends here watch football!? (what is up with that? bunch of artsy losers). So we made our way to Sams Sports Bar where we joined a great crowd of people and cheered for teams we didn't care about. After this I was exhausted and not feeling great so I went home and took a 3 hour nap, because that night we had tickets to the best musical show in town. The Civil Wars and Madi Diaz. I adore both of these artists. Madi is a adorable, incredibly talented singer/songwriter from Nashville, listen to her stuff here. She did so amazing, and played several new songs from her full length album that is supposed to be coming out soon ( I CAN'T WAIT!). The Civil Wars are a rare talent. An extreme, rare, beautiful talent (see the video from my last post). It's literally two people and a guitar, yet they keep you mesmerized the entire time. I cannot even put into words how phenominal they were. It was a wonderful night.



Sunday I stayed in bed until it was time for church that night. After church we headed down to Strech (the young adult community group), where we talked about being relentlessly dedicated to the lost (whole seperate post to come on that). Then afterwards we headed over to Sams sports bar for dinner and fellowship time. It was a great time spent getting to know new friends.

Monday me and my friends Amy, Jon, and Matt headed over to a barbeque for lunch. It was beautiful outside and our chicken sasuages were delicious! Then we headed to Sonic for Happy Hour and then on to Blockbuster for some movies. We ended up getting Brothers( which I was so nervous about watching) and The Losers. Brothers was exactly what I thought it would be. It was terribly sad. Very sad. Disturbing and heart breaking. But so real. It was a "good" movie. But be warned. It's very sobering and heavy. Toby McGuire and Jake Gyllenahal did a wonderful job.



I had seen The Losers before and enjoyed it. It is a good mix of comedy/action/and completely unrealistic story line. But it's enjoyable.



I am so blessed to have the life I have here in Nashville. After just one month, it is starting to feel like home. I already have a little family growing here.

3 comments:

Jill said...

"bunch of artsy losers." best thing i ever heard.

i was sick on college football day too, but thankfully we have cable so i just sat on my butt and watched it all day. also, cheering for teams i don't care about. i loved it.

Jill said...

ps, that was all about me. also, i'm glad for you. like seriously, very happy about your nashville home/little family. that's awesome.

Mama said...

This makes me happy! All of it :) You're "real" family misses you terribly, but it is unbelievably comforting to know that you have already been gifted with a "Nashfam" (haha)who will be there for you when we cannot. This is a BIG ADVENTURE God has you on, and I'm thankful He is taking care of your heart, as well as your career :)

Blog Archive